New Resident Information

Welcome, new residents, to the Village of Flossmoor! We are very proud of the residential quality of our community and the many amenities that will make you proud of living in Flossmoor. In order to ease your transition into the community, we have provided you with the following information. However, do not hesitate to call the Village Hall with your questions or concerns at 708-798-2300. Our staff will be happy to provide further assistance.

Click here to sign up for our E-News now to keep in touch!

New Resident Checklist

Pick Up New Resident Packet

New Resident Packets are available for pickup at the Village Hall (2800 Flossmoor Road) from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.

Address Change

By law, motorists must notify the Illinois Secretary of State’s office within 10 days when your address or name changes (Illinois Vehicle Code, Sec. 3-416, 6-116, and 6-511). Your driver’s licenses/state ID card file and your vehicle registration file can be updated by visiting a Secretary of State facility, or by submitting your change of address online. Secretary of State website.

Alarm Permits

Residents are required to obtain a permit for all burglary/fire alarms within the Village. Permit application is available at the Police Department. There is a $25 one-time fee. There are fines associated with the failure to obtain a permit alarm.

Vehicles and Parking

Village ordinance requires that you purchase a Village vehicle sticker. New residents have up to 30 days to purchase and display a vehicle sticker. The current fee for passenger vehicles, recreational vehicles, and trucks with B plates is $40. The fee for motorcycles is $20. Residents who are 65 years of age will be charged only $15, but this special rate shall apply to only one vehicle per household.

The Flossmoor Zoning Ordinance allows the parking of trucks for personal use in residential driveways with certain limitations. Find the limitations on pickup trucks here. Commercial vehicles are not permitted to be parked in residential driveways.

Park on the safe side! Due to the narrow streets in our community, street parking in residential neighborhoods is not allowed on the side of the street with fire hydrants. Parking is allowed on what is commonly called the 'non-hydrant' side of the street. 

Overnight parking on the street is not permitted without permission from the Police Department. Fill out this form to request permission

Animal Licenses

All dogs and cats must be licensed annually by the Village. New residents have up to 30 days to obtain a license. The licenses may be obtained at the Village Hall. No more than 3 dogs and/or cats may be kept in the same dwelling. Rabies vaccinations must be up to date.

Dogs are not allowed off the owner’s property without a leash. Animal waste must be promptly removed from any public area or private premises that is not the owner’s. It is unlawful to keep any animal which disturbs the peace. Citations will be issued if pet owners are in violation of any of the above provisions.

Water & Sewer Service

 Application for an account for water and/or sewer shall only be made by the owner of the home. Water service must be established within 30 days of taking ownership. One or more of the following documents must be presented: a fully executed closing statement, recorded copy of warranty deed, executed judicial deed or entered stamped court order (with such other documents as may be necessary to show ownership/agency). Photo identification will be required as well. The Water/Sewer application must be completed and signed in person at the Village Hall office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Get rates and more information.

Refuse/Yard Waste

Refuse pick-up is handled by individual arrangement with local scavenger companies. Find scavenger collection companies in Flossmoor.

The Flossmoor Municipal Code requires residents to use a commercially manufactured container which has a close-fitting cover and handles. When not out for pickup, refuse containers shall be stored as reasonably concealed from view from the street as is practical.

Other Utility Services

  • Nicor Gas service is established by calling 888-642-6748.
  • Commonwealth Edison service is established by calling 800-334-7661. Learn how to save money on your electric supply cost with the Village’s electric aggregation program.
  • Comcast Cable and AT&T provide cable television and internet service for Flossmoor residents.

Schools Registration Information

Public Library Information

Flossmoor Public Library

Park District Information

Homewood-Flossmoor Park District